1. What kind of church will Grace Life be? Grace Life will be a Christ centered church striving to be biblically healthy. John 12:32 says, “And I, if I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all men to Myself.” Colossians 1:18 says “so that He Himself will come to have first place in everything.” Grace Life will strive to keep Jesus as the center of all that we do. As a Southern Baptist Church committed to historic baptist beliefs, we will hold to the biblical doctrines expressed in the 2000 Baptist Faith and Message. It express how we interpret the Bible and can aid in matters of controversy. Our logo is the “Two Crosses” to remind us that Christ and His finished work on the cross is the basis for God’s saving Grace and the Christian life is one of self denial, following in the footsteps of the Savior. In Luke 9:23, Jesus said, ““If anyone wishes to come after Me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross daily and follow Me.” Core group formation begins Oct. 5th with a small group study on Galatians at 6:00 pm at the Senatobia library.
2. Which church is the sponsoring church? Grace Life Church of the Shoals is the parent church. This church in Muscle Shoals Alabama, through it’s annual “True Church” conferences has been instrumental in helping pastors and churches apply biblical truths to their local contexts. New church plants across the US and around the world have been formed and Grace Life of Senatobia is one of several church plants which are part of of the Anchored in truth network. Jeff Noblit, the senior pastor, has been on staff for 35 years. www.gracelifeshoals.org
3. How will missions be supported? Missions will be supported primarily through Anchored in Truth. Church planting in the US and overseas missions are supported through this organization that seeks to encourage pastors to have biblically healthy churches. The church will also support the Cooperative program of the SBC, Mississippi Baptists, as well as the X-tended Missions Network among others. More information about Anchored in Truth can be found at www.anchoredintruth.org. Members will also be encouraged to take short term mission trips.
4. Where will it meet? Grace Life will meet initially in Senatobia at the public library. The first cell group meeting was on Wed, Oct. 5th at 6:00 pm. These cell group fellowship meetings have met and will continue to meet each Wednesday night to discuss and apply the bible to our lives. In Acts 1:8, Jesus says, “You will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, Judea, Samaria and the uttermost parts of the World.” We want to evangelize people and fulfill the Great Commission right where we live and have an impact in our nation and world through missions. Periodically, we have been holding Sunday night “preview” Worship Services. Our prayer and goal is that we would officially “launch” on Easter of 2018 and begin to have Sunday Worship every Sunday. As the Lord blesses our numbers, we will look for another location. We will move from a temporary location to a more permanent building in the Lord’s timing. This act of faith is in the one who is our provider.
5. What will the preaching be like? The preaching will be expositional in nature, which is preaching verse by verse through books of the Bible. Paul told Timothy to “Preach the Word, in season and out of season.” 2 Timothy 4. When it is popular and when it is not. God’s Word is “inspired and profitable for doctrine, “ 2 Timothy 3:16. God transforms people through the preaching of His Word. Romans 10:17 says, “17 So faith comes from hearing, and hearing by the word of Christ.” The passage will be dealt with in it’s historical/grammatical context with a focus on application to our lives today. Expositional series from the 10 Commandments, the book of Romans, 1st Timothy and Galatians preached by Chris Twilley can be found at http://www.podcastgarden.com/podcast/chris-twilley and are linked on this website from the menu button.
6. What will the Music be like? Will it be traditional or contemporary? What we will sing will not be determined by the age or the style of the song, but by the truth of it as it expresses biblical content. We will strive to sing hymns and new songs that are gospel centered and truth driven. Colossians 3:16 says, “Let the word of Christ richly dwell within you, with all wisdom teaching and admonishing one another with psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with thankfulness in your hearts to God.” The focus of the worship service is to focus our mind and affections on God. This can be accomplished through Scripture readings, prayers, songs and special music. We will passionately sing historic hymns and new songs that are Christ centered and doctrinally sound.
If you have any other questions, don’t hesitate to message me.
In the Grip of His Grace,