1. What kind of church is Grace Life of Senatobia? Grace Life is a Christ centered church striving to be biblically healthy. John 12:32 says, “And I, if I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all men to Myself.” Colossians 1:18 says “so that He Himself will come to have first place in everything.” Grace Life will strive to keep Jesus as the center of all that we do. Christ is our banner, our identity, our emphasis and our focus. As an evangelical church committed to historic baptist beliefs, we will hold to the biblical doctrines expressed in this statement: What we Believe This confessional statement express how we interpret the Bible and can aid in matters of controversy. Our logo is the “Two Crosses” to remind us that Christ and His finished work on the cross is the basis for God’s saving Grace and the Christian life is one of self denial, following in the footsteps of the Savior. In Luke 9:23, Jesus said, ““If anyone wishes to come after Me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross daily and follow Me.”
2. Why is the logo for Grace Life “Two Crosses?” One cross stands for Christ’s cross and the other one stands for the disciples cross. Salvation would not be possible except for the cross of Christ. Jesus died in our place and took the punishment we deserve making mercy and grace possible. When a person becomes a Christian, they must deny themselves. Mark 8:34 says, “And calling the crowd to him with his disciples, he said to them, “If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me.
3. Which church is the sponsoring church? Grace Life Church of the Shoals is the sponsor church. This church in Muscle Shoals Alabama, through it’s annual “True Church” conferences has been instrumental in helping pastors and churches apply biblical truths to their local contexts. New church plants across the US and around the world have been formed and Grace Life of Senatobia is one of several church plants which are part of of the Anchored in truth network. Anchored in Truth Here is the Statement of Faith for Anchored in Truth. This year’s conference will be on the theme, “Healthy Body Life.” For more information click here: True Church Conference 2022 Jeff Noblit, the senior pastor, has been on staff for over 38 years. www.gracelifeshoals.org
4. How is missions supported? Our church will support Missions primarily through Anchored in Truth. Church planting in the US and overseas missions are supported through this organization that seeks to encourage pastors to have biblically healthy churches. Those that are supported go through a vetting process with Anchored in Truth to ensure doctrinal fidelity and commitment to the primary work of the church. We are also grateful for the help that we have received from Great Commission Church in Olive Branch. This church has helped us reach out into the Senatobia community, identifying receptive people and sharing the Gospel. Our church will also seek to be involved in fellowshipping and working with other Baptist and evangelical churches that are committed to God’s Word and are missions minded. Members will also be encouraged to take short term mission trips and give to Missions. (Matthew 28:18-20).
5. Where does it meet? Grace Life meet initially in Senatobia at the public library. We are now in a new facility that is located in the Northwest plaza at 104 Northwest Plaza, Senatobia. We are thankful to the Lord for His amazing provision. Sunday Worship Service is held at 11:00 am each week. We also meet each Wednesday night at 6:00 pm. The adults and teens meet together for a discussion oriented Bible Study and the younger kids have “kids’ time” In each meeting, we discuss the Bible, fellowship and pray. The children have a bible story, sing songs and play games. In Acts 1:8, Jesus says, “You will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, Judea, Samaria and the uttermost parts of the World.” We want to evangelize people and fulfill the Great Commission right where we live and have an impact in our nation and world through missions. We also have a Men’s Meeting that meets once a month on Sun afternoon at 4 pm to study Systematic Theology.
6. What is the preaching like? The preaching is expositional in nature, which is preaching verse by verse through books of the Bible. Paul told Timothy to “Preach the Word, in season and out of season.” 2 Timothy 4. When it is popular and when it is not. God’s Word is “inspired and profitable for doctrine, “ 2 Timothy 3:16. God transforms people through the preaching of His Word. Romans 10:17 says, “17 So faith comes from hearing, and hearing by the word of Christ.” The passage will be dealt with in it’s historical/grammatical context with a focus on application to our lives today. Our current preaching journey is a series on “The Peacemaker: Biblical conflict resolution.” Expositional series have been from the book of 2nd Timothy, the 10 Commandments, the 12 Disciples, and the book of Romans.
7. What is the Music like? Is it traditional or contemporary? We sing the best of the old and the best of the new. What we will sing will not be determined by the age or the style of the song, but by the truth of it as it expresses biblical content. We will strive to sing hymns and new songs that are gospel centered and truth driven. Colossians 3:16 says, “Let the word of Christ richly dwell within you, with all wisdom teaching and admonishing one another with psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with thankfulness in your hearts to God.” The focus of the worship service is to focus our mind and affections on God. This can be accomplished through Scripture readings, prayers, songs and special music. We will passionately sing historic hymns and new songs that are Christ centered and doctrinally sound.
If you have any other questions, don’t hesitate to message me.
In the Grip of His Grace,
Chris Twilley (Ordained Southern Baptist Minister, 1997)